Happy Spring Pretty Friends!
One thing I photograph a lot of, no matter the season or weather, are bloggers. And I love working with these creatives because often times they are extremely personable and are comfortable in front of the camera -- which makes photographing them really fun! I also get to know them pretty well because we work together so regularly.
Today I thought I'd answer my most often asked questions regarding these types of photoshoots.
1. How many outfits will we shoot?
That is entirely up to you. When you book, you book a number of hours, not a number of outfits. So the number of outfits you are able to change into is largely dependent upon how comfortable you are in front of the camera, the proximity of where you will be changing to where we are shooting
2. Where do we shoot? Again, it's really up to you! If you have a location already picked out, let's go! If not, I am always happy to make recommendations. Just know that some places require a permit that takes a little bit of advance notice to work out. When booking, it's helpful for me to know the vibe you are wanting -- we want it to be consistent with your current website OR headed in the direction of your inspiration if you are looking to change up the look of your blog. Communication is key on this one!
3. What time of day is best? The hour before sunset is always the easiest in wide open spaces that don't offer a lot of shade. But in urban settings, where tall buildings will give us plenty of even light to work with, anything but the hours right around high noon will work.
4. Do you offer hair and make up? I'm happy to make recommendations to some of my favorite Hair and Make Up Artists.
5. What am I allowed to do with the images once I download them? The images are licensed for your personal use and for online use on YOUR blog and its social media accounts. Of course, if you are guest blogging somewhere and they need an image of you, that is totally fine to give them a headshot. Please provide a link to my website/give Photo Credit wherever it is used -- including YOUR social media and blog. Your license for usage DOES NOT include selling or giving these images to other companies, such as the company that gave you the hat that you are wearing in the picture, for example. If a company is interested in using an image of their product -- anywhere (website, mailer, e-mai blast) -- they are legally required to contact me prior to using. If you come across a contract that a company is asking you to sign that states they will be entitled to use the images, then you are required to purchase the additional licensing fees. Most bloggers will work that into the price they quote the company. Contact me for more specific information on this topic.
6. How far in advance do I need to book? Weekends, the hour before sunset, spring and fall fill quickly. While I can usually book a 2pm on a Thursday fairly last minute, 6pm on a Saturday evening in October will need to be booked 6 months in advance. Generally speaking, try to give me about 2 weeks if you are flexible on timing.
Have other questions you'd like me to answer regarding Blogging Style Sessions? Leave them in the comment below? And now, for one of my favorite bloggers (because of her insanely positive go-get-em attitude and honest vibe), GessFlyy.com
All the best,